[torquedev] max_user_queuable broken in 2.4.8 ?

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Wed Dec 29 17:50:25 MST 2010

----- Original Message -----
> On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 02:31:37 AM David Beer wrote:
>
> > Perhaps Glen will find something different, but I was unable to
> > reproduce
> > the problem:
>
> Hmm, just a hunch, does it still work if you have a submit filter
> in place ?

I ran the test with a submit filter, as I have one running by default on my machine. Also, the submit filter happens before the job ever reaches the server, and can't affect server functionality other than changing what is sent to the server.

> > If Glen is also unable to reproduce things, I would check that all
> > of the
> > queues have the limit applied, and make sure that it isn't somehow
> > circumvented by a routing queue.
>
> We only have 2 queues (both execution queues) and they both
> seem to have the limits in place:
>
> [root at bruce-m ~]# qmgr -c 'p s' | grep max_user_queuable
> set queue batch max_user_queuable = 4000
> set queue smp max_user_queuable = 4000

Hmmm...that is odd.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738