[torquedev] Turning off libtool

Michael Jennings mej at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 15 14:50:32 MST 2010

On Wednesday, 15 December 2010, at 17:56:43 (+0100),
"Mgr. ?imon T?th" wrote:

> I'm trying to package Torque into debian packages, but libtool is
> re-linking binaries against nonsensical libraries which is
> preventing me from creating a working package.

Libtool does not link binaries against "nonsensical libraries."

What is the exact behavior that you're seeing?  Most unexpected
behavior on the part of libtool can be explained by the content of the
various *.la files on the system in question.  These files are
essentially useless on Linux for system libraries, so you might want
to try backing up and removing all *.la files in /lib* and /usr/lib*.
Then "make distclean" and try again.

Michael

--
Michael Jennings <mej at lbl.gov>