[torquedev] Turning off libtool

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Wed Dec 15 10:06:25 MST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 05:56:43PM +0100, "Mgr. Šimon Tóth" alleged:
> Is it possible to turn of Libtool?
>
> I'm trying to package Torque into debian packages, but libtool is
> re-linking binaries against nonsensical libraries which is preventing me
> from creating a working package.

No, it can't be "turned off". You would have to re-write half of the build
system without breaking all of the wonderful compatibility that it gets us.

Take a look at the fedora/rhel packages. They take some steps to remove the extra linking.

Btw, torque was once rejected by debian legal because of the licensing terms. I
would have that checked now before putting in a lot of work.

University of Southern California

Life is Good!