[torquedev] Trunk And Multithreading

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Fri Dec 10 10:07:09 MST 2010

> while it is OK to put pretty big changes into trunk and temporarily
> break things, these changes have the potential for introductions some
> stability issues that may be _very_ hard to track down. It is common
> convention to keep these types of "experimental" changes out of trunk
> until they are better tested.

Can I just remind you that all of these changes are only enabled if you configure with --enable-pthreads? If there is some case where the trunk needs to be used, and there are stability issues, then it can be used. Just don't enable the threads.

Just to clarify, this is not an experimental change. Making TORQUE multi-threaded is one of the major objectives for TORQUE 4.0.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738