[torquedev] Trunk And Multithreading

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Fri Dec 10 06:02:37 MST 2010

> I have been able to find intermittent failures in communication which cause temporary problems, but I was able to run 40,000 jobs in 36 minutes without any crashes.

Please don't forget to test the code in valgrinds DRD and Hellgrind
modules to verify, that there aren't any hidden race conditions or other
thread related errors.

Btw. what is the motives for making Torque threaded? Plain Torque can
easily process over 5,000 jobs per 10 minutes. That includes includes
submit and scheduling time (pbs_sched), plain server is much faster.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth