[torquedev] [torqueusers] TORQUE 3.0.0 Released

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 10:37:43 MST 2010

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Ken Nielson
<knielson at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 05:24 PM, Andrey Kaliazin wrote:
>> Hi Ken&  Co
>>
>> Now you've got me confused as well. We run, as you know, the NUMA-enabled
>> Torque-2.6.0-snapshot branch, which, I suppose, became Torque-3.0 release - please
>> correct me if I am wrong here.
>> Or, perhaps 2.6.0 was a one-customer branch all this time?
>> I have never seen anyone else referring to it on this list.
>> So is 3.0 a direct descendant from 2.6 and I can upgrade to 3.0 right away,
>> or 2.6 is a precursor to 3.1 (or 4.0?) and I should wait until March?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Andrey
>>
>> --
>> Andrey Kaliazin
>> COSMOS System Manager
>> University of Cambridge, UK
>>

> Andrey,
>
> Sorry for the confusion. Yes, 3.0.0 is a direct descendant of the 2.6
> code path. You should be able to upgrade to 3.0.0 as soon as you find it
> convenient.

I'm confused too, will there ever be a 2.6 release?  If it were based
on 2.5, then it would be slightly confusing since there were already
2.6.0 snapshots that would have been more accurately called 3.0
snapshots.  Is it planned that 2.5 will be the end of the line for the
TORQUE 2.X series?