[torquedev] [torqueusers] Question about what does PBS_NUM_NODES and PBS_NUM_PPN means

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Dec 7 11:18:26 MST 2010

> the customer isn't always right ;)
>
> really, I don't think we should pollute the codebase with hacks for
> specific customers when there may be a better more general way to do
> something that will have wider use

I also wish that every time I had to solve a problem for a customer I had time to flush the idea out with the community, discover the best, most widely applicable solution, and then code that. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case. I believe we've made strong efforts to get the community more involved - I know we still can improve in this - but situations will always arise that just need to be fixed. It's not ideal but it happens.

--
David Beer
Direct Line: 801-717-3386 | Fax: 801-717-3738