[torquedev] TORQUE 3.0.0 Released

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Mon Dec 6 16:38:26 MST 2010

We are pleased to announce the release of TORQUE 3.0.0.

TORQUE 3.0.0 has added the ability to support NUMA architectures and it
will also support multiple pbs_mom daemons on a single node.

This version of TORQUE can be built to work the same as other versions
of TORQUE without the NUMA option. However, we would recommend the use
of TORQUE 2.5.3 if you do not require NUMA capability.

---WARNING!!--- TORQUE 3.0.0 is not backward compatible. The
communication protocol has been incremented from version 1 to version 2.
TORQUE 3.0.0 will not communicate with earlier versions.

Please read the Release_Notes and other README files before installing
this version. You can also refer to
http://www.clusterresources.com/products/torque/docs/ for more
information about how to install and configure TORQUE 3.0.0 for
multi-mom or NUMA operation.

The source tarball can be downloaded at
http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-3.0.0.tar.gz
<http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-3.0.0.tar.gz>

For those interested in downloading source from the subversion
repository use the following URL

svn://clusterresources.com/torque/3.0-fixes.

Thanks to everyone who helped make NUMA support possible.

Ken Nielson
Adaptive Computing