[torquedev] [torqueusers] Problem with ppn and routing

Michel Béland michel.beland at rqchp.qc.ca
Mon Dec 6 16:03:05 MST 2010

Mgr. Šimon Tóth wrote:

>> This does not corresponds to my definition of "at all". What else should
>> Torque do with a resource in order that one can consider that it views
>> it? Pbs_mom passes to the server how much mem is used locally and the
>> server sums up the result. The server understands mem enough so that it
>> can route jobs according to the value requested. What else should it do?
>
> I should have formulated that better. Checking requests against absolute
> limits (and routing jobs according to those limits) is supported. What
> isn't supported is scheduling jobs on nodes according to requested
> resources.
>
> -l nodes=1:mem=100GB or -l nodes=1 -l mem=100GB will run on any node.

By scheduling, I guess that you mean running qrun to run the job? If
this is so, I see what you mean. I just tried -lnodes=1 -lmem=100gb with
a test server and Maui does not run the job, but qrun does (much to my
surprise).

--
Michel Béland, analyste en calcul scientifique
michel.beland at rqchp.qc.ca
bureau S-250, pavillon Roger-Gaudry (principal), Université de Montréal
téléphone : 514 343-6111 poste 3892     télécopieur : 514 343-2155
RQCHP (Réseau québécois de calcul de haute performance)  www.rqchp.ca
Calcul Canada (computecanada.org)