[torquedev] [torqueusers] Problem with ppn and routing

"Mgr. Šimon Tóth" SimonT at mail.muni.cz
Mon Dec 6 15:28:58 MST 2010

> This does not corresponds to my definition of "at all". What else should
> Torque do with a resource in order that one can consider that it views
> it? Pbs_mom passes to the server how much mem is used locally and the
> server sums up the result. The server understands mem enough so that it
> can route jobs according to the value requested. What else should it do?

I should have formulated that better. Checking requests against absolute
limits (and routing jobs according to those limits) is supported. What
isn't supported is scheduling jobs on nodes according to requested
resources.

-l nodes=1:mem=100GB or -l nodes=1 -l mem=100GB will run on any node.

--
Mgr. Šimon Tóth