[torquedev] [torqueusers] Problem with ppn and routing

Michel Béland michel.beland at rqchp.qc.ca
Mon Dec 6 14:37:39 MST 2010

Mgr. Šimon Tóth wrote:

> Plus the Torque developers still haven't decided on clear resource
> semantics therefore -l nodes=2 -l mem=2G could mean both 2GB spread
> across 2 nodes or 2GB on each node (4GB total).

It seems to me that Torque views mem as the total memory. That is what I
guess from qstat -f from one of the jobs that is running on our cluster.
Here is an excerpt:

     resources_used.mem = 182440144kb
     resources_used.vmem = 252290712kb
     Resource_List.mem = 250gb
     Resource_List.nodect = 16
     Resource_List.nodes = 16:ppn=4

As our nodes have 8 cores and 16 GB, I do not see how mem could be
interpreted as memory per node with the numbers that I get.

--
Michel Béland, analyste en calcul scientifique
michel.beland at rqchp.qc.ca
bureau S-250, pavillon Roger-Gaudry (principal), Université de Montréal
téléphone : 514 343-6111 poste 3892     télécopieur : 514 343-2155
RQCHP (Réseau québécois de calcul de haute performance)  www.rqchp.ca
Calcul Canada (computecanada.org)