[torquedev] Adding munge to TORQUE

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Wed Aug 25 14:20:32 MDT 2010

Ken Nielson wrote:
> On 08/25/2010 01:18 PM, Joshua Bernstein wrote:
>> I all for it as well. Would it be a build time option or a runtime
>> server option?
>>
>> -Josh
>>

> I am intending to make it a build time option.

Perhaps I can suggest a mechanism that allows it to be set as a server
parameter. Something like:

set server auth_method = builtin
set server auth_method += munge

Obviously the munge mechanism will only work if it can load in the
library or something similar. This would make it much cleaner so that
multiple authentication mechanisms can be used as a single time, much
like the way standard authentication systems work in Linux and NSS.

-Joshua Bernstein
Penguin Computing