[torquedev] DRMAA Native specification

Mariusz Mamoński mamonski at man.poznan.pl
Tue Aug 24 05:17:12 MDT 2010

Hi Scott,

 As i remember the DRMAA shipped with torque is quite old, and its
simple does not support the native specification. Please try this one:

http://fury.man.poznan.pl/~mmamonski/PL-Grid/pbs_drmaa-1.0.2.tar.gz

this is an active developer version that i'm using in current project
and it supports basic native specification like -l nodes, -q ...

Cheers,

On 24 August 2010 13:04, Scott Wilson <scott at epistemy.com> wrote:
> I'm having problems using the native specification of the DRMAA bindings.
> I'd been using self-wrapped Java bindings and having no luck, so I've
> finally got round to hammering out some C to test the bindings directly.
> It would seem that the native specification attribute is being ignored,
> which is important as this is the only way to request resources from DRMAA.
> For instance, even when the native specification is set to "-l nodes=2", the
> job still runs with one node.
> I enclose the C code I'm using for testing. It's modified from one of the
> Sun Grid Engine examples. I would be obliged if someone could look it over
> to see if I have made any mistakes in my usage - I couldn't find any
> explicit documentation of what TORQUE expects in the native spec - before I
> submit a bug report.
> Regards,
> Scott
>

> Scott Wilson
> Developer
> Epistemy
> Energy Academy
> Riccarton
> EH14 4AS
>
> tel: +44 131 564 0232
> Scott.Wilson at epistemy.com
> http://www.epistemy.com/
> Epistemy Limited is a company registered in Scotland, number SC365481.
> Registered office: Epistemy Limited c/o Technology and Research Services,
> Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS

Mariusz