[torquedev] DRMAA Native specification

Scott Wilson scott at epistemy.com
Tue Aug 24 05:04:19 MDT 2010

I'm having problems using the native specification of the DRMAA bindings. I'd been using self-wrapped Java bindings and having no luck, so I've finally got round to hammering out some C to test the bindings directly.

It would seem that the native specification attribute is being ignored, which is important as this is the only way to request resources from DRMAA. For instance, even when the native specification is set to "-l nodes=2", the job still runs with one node.

I enclose the C code I'm using for testing. It's modified from one of the Sun Grid Engine examples. I would be obliged if someone could look it over to see if I have made any mistakes in my usage - I couldn't find any explicit documentation of what TORQUE expects in the native spec - before I submit a bug report.

Regards,
Scott

Scott Wilson
Developer
Epistemy
Energy Academy
Riccarton
EH14 4AS

tel: +44 131 564 0232
Scott.Wilson at epistemy.com
http://www.epistemy.com/
Epistemy Limited is a company registered in Scotland, number SC365481.
Registered office: Epistemy Limited c/o Technology and Research Services, Heriot-Watt University, Riccarton, Edinburgh, EH14 4AS