[torquedev] Double free and touches of freed memory inside pbs_server

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Thu Aug 5 13:39:47 MDT 2010

Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 12:11:01PM -0700, Garrick Staples wrote:
> Reading your description makes it sound like a problem with all server->mom
> requests, but it actually only happens with modify_job()? If so, what is
> special about modify_job()?

It relays the request to the MOM and it is put to the working queue.
Meanwhile, when the request flow continues, the passed request pointer
is freed (before MOM's answer is worked out).

So, not every server->mom request should fail, only those which resulted
from the client-initiated request that involves server->mom secondary
request(s).

I may be overlooking something, so take my explanations with the grain
of salt ;))
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"