[torquedev] [patch] Fix -W regression from changeset 2367

Eygene Ryabinkin rea+maui at grid.kiae.ru
Thu Aug 5 00:34:08 MDT 2010

Ken, good day.

Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 09:53:53AM -0600, Ken Nielson wrote:
> On 07/29/2010 01:58 PM, Eygene Ryabinkin wrote:
> > Today I was messing with the errors that were coming from our Grid
> > gatekeeper that whined that -W value for qsub is incorrect.  It turned
> > out that something like "-W stagein=file1 at host1:src1,file2 at host2:src2"
> > was used and qsub rejected such specification.
> >
> > Digging the sources I had found that Subversion's r2367 was the point
> > where the regression was coined in.  I had created a quick patch that
> > will eliminate this regression, the patch is attached.
> >
> > It works for me already for some hours and some hundreds of jobs, but
> > more eyes looking at the patches is always a good thing.
>
> There was a fix for this put in a while ago in the 2.4 branch. In order
> to get the syntax to work you need to put single quotes around the value
> for stagin like the following:
>
> -W stagein=\'file1 at host1:src1,file2 at host2:src2\'

Will it work for the older releases?  For something like 2.4.2?  I am
asking, because we are using this functionality in the EGEE gLite
middleware stack and some sites run rather old Torque, but some are
trying to be on the cutting edge.  But submission scripts are meant to
be universal.

I understand that we can just use multiple '-W stagein ...' directives,
one for each file, but still -- is the cited syntax supported for old
releases?  I see no signs of it in manual pages, but they can be
incomplete.

Thanks!
--
Eygene Ryabinkin, Russian Research Centre "Kurchatov Institute"