[torquedev] -l procs=N and the FIFO scheduler

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 11:53:46 MDT 2010

So I've been using the "-l procs=N" resource a lot lately instead of "-l
nodes=N:ppn=M".  It would be nice if this didn't require Moab. Should we
look into extending the scheduler/pbs_server to work with the -l procs=N
resource?   pbs_server doesn't know what to do with procs=N
(Resource_List.nodes, Resource_List.nodect, and Resource_List.neednodes all
equal 1), I think it works because moab just sets the exec_host attribute to
something that contains the correct number of processors.

Is this something that would be worth spending some more time on?