[torquedev] [torqueusers] Change in interactive job behavior from previous torque versions.

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 10:22:57 MDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:18 PM, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:12 PM, David Beer <dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com>wrote:
>

>> In other words, the old behavior was an exploit of a bug in TORQUE.
>>

> I'm pretty sure it was a documented feature of OpenPBS/PBSPro/TORQUE

from the qsub man page (this happens to be TORQUE 2.3.8):

"If the -I option is specified on the command line or in a script directive,
or if the  "interactive"  job  attribute declared  true  via the -W option,
-W interactive=true, either on the command line or in a script directive,
the job is an interactive job.  The script will be processed for directives,
but will not be included with the job.   When the job begins execution, all
input to the job is from the terminal session in which qsub is running."

"The script will be processed for directives, but will not be included with
the job"

this is not an exploit.  This is a documented behavior that has been used
for YEARS.