[torquedev] [torqueusers] Change in interactive job behavior from previous torque versions.

David Beer dbeer at adaptivecomputing.com
Thu Apr 15 10:12:51 MDT 2010

Hi all,

When I talked to the developer who made this change, he told me that the old functionality likely only worked due to a bug. A few months back we fixed a bug related to input parsing - TORQUE was parsing qsub input twice. This was causing problems on submit filter scripts, because they were being run twice. This morning I made the new behavior parameterizable and found out that he was right: even if the new behavior is removed, the old behavior of reading the script for directives doesn't occur.

In other words, the old behavior was an exploit of a bug in TORQUE. This is part of why we didn't know people were doing it. Now we have to look at where to go from here. How many people were using this exploit?

David