[torquedev] Increasing length of username ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Fri Sep 25 01:43:35 MDT 2009

Hi folks,

We've just got bitten with Torque 2.3.7 where a user
has been created with a username which is 18 characters
long.

That in turn triggers the crash in the pbs_server that
Michael Meier reported back in June when it tries to
follow a NULL in a linked list (which is patched in
2.3-fixes so should in 2.3.8 when that's done).

So, we've applied that patch by hand to 2.3.7 but
I'd like to increase the length of a username that
Torque can cope with by increasing PBS_MAXUSER in
pbs_ifl.h but I'm concerned that might break other
things (or change the job file structure) - am I
right to worry about that ?

Thoughts ?

cheers,