[torquedev] PPN/Node state bug?

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Fri Sep 11 11:08:47 MDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 05:04:41PM +0200, Simon Toth alleged:
> I just run into weird behavior. The node state seems to be updated only
> if all of the nodes processors are full (then it switches to
> job-exclusive or job-sharing).

Yes, that's how it has always worked.  When all CPUs are allocated, then the
node state gets the job-exclusive bit.

> Is this normal? How can the scheduler determine if the node can run more
> jobs if the server does not report if the node is running exclusive or
> sharing jobs?

How would the server know if the jobs are exclusive or shared?  That's for the
scheduler to know.

University of Southern California

How poor are they that have not patience!
What wound did ever heal but by degrees?