[torquedev] [torqueusers] TORQUE 2.4 is live.

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 11:03:15 MST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Ken Nielson
<knielson at adaptivecomputing.com> wrote:
> Garrick,
>
> This is why we have a community. To keep those of us who are new on our
> toes. The numbering scheme will be the same.
>
> Major.Minor.revision. I neglected to add a revision to this release.
>
> Is there a problem with assuming this is 2.4.0 and future revisions
> starting at 2.4.1.

I think there is a problem - releasing 2.4.0 now will cause confusion
because 2.4.1b1 and 2.4.2b2 have been released as snapshots. Package
managers would assume these to be newer than a 2.4.0 release, but
really they predate your proposed 2.4.0 version.

In the future, to avoid this confusion,  major.minor.revision should
only be incremented for official releases, and never for beta
releases.  In reality 2.4.1b1 and 2.4.2b2 were beta releases for 2.4.0
and should have been labeled as such.