[torquedev] [torqueusers] TORQUE 2.4 is live

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:50:18 MST 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Joshua Bernstein
<jbernstein at penguincomputing.com> wrote:

> Ken Nielson wrote:
>> TORQUE version 2.4 was officially released on Thursday, October 29,
>> 2009. It will be available for download at
>> http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.4.tar.gz
>
> *sigh* I was reading through all of this and was quite excited to see so much
> work go into the 2.4 release. Then, I became disappointed, once again we have
> confusion about what exactly is in the 2.4 tarball you mention. The tarball is
> "2.4.tar.gz" and doesn't follow and naming scheme previously used.
>
> Even further, the changelog here talks about three releases, not 1 (2.4.0
> through 2.4.2). So is the posted tarball really a 2.4.2 release or something else?
>
> Why aren't there 3 new tarballs posted?
>
> Perhaps you can remove that Tarball, and post three new ones so that we have
> some consistency of the versions.
>
> If I'm completely off base here, perhaps there is a new version numbering
> convention that I missed the description of?

No, you're not off base.  The old versioning scheme got screwed up
when CRI/Adaptive started incrementing the bug-fix portion of the
version number during development (I believe it was so that Moab could
tell the difference between beta versions of 2.4 that did or did not
have certain features).  You might recall that I complained on the
TORQUE mailing lists when the version number in subversion was changed
from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1b1.