[torquedev] [torqueusers] TORQUE 2.4 is live

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Mon Nov 2 11:42:03 MST 2009

Ken Nielson wrote:
> TORQUE version 2.4 was officially released on Thursday, October 29,
> 2009. It will be available for download at
> http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/torque-2.4.tar.gz

*sigh* I was reading through all of this and was quite excited to see so much
work go into the 2.4 release. Then, I became disappointed, once again we have
confusion about what exactly is in the 2.4 tarball you mention. The tarball is
"2.4.tar.gz" and doesn't follow and naming scheme previously used.

Even further, the changelog here talks about three releases, not 1 (2.4.0
through 2.4.2). So is the posted tarball really a 2.4.2 release or something else?

Why aren't there 3 new tarballs posted?

Perhaps you can remove that Tarball, and post three new ones so that we have
some consistency of the versions.

If I'm completely off base here, perhaps there is a new version numbering
convention that I missed the description of?

-Joshua Bernstein
Senior Software Engineer
Penguin Computing