[torquedev] Torque (server) bug in parsing nodecounts

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu May 14 20:27:17 MDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 4:25 AM, Michael Meier
<Michael.Meier at rrze.uni-erlangen.de> wrote:
> [I would have preferred to handle this via bugzilla, but it's still down]

me too.  As someone who works on TORQUE part time, it can be difficult
for me to keep track of issues reported on mailing lists when days (or
even weeks) may go by between when I find time to do some work on
torque.

Thanks for the bug report and patch.  I'll be getting this fixed in
TORQUE, probably starting with your patch in 2.3-fixes.  For trunk I
may look into switching to strtol.  It looks like the only point of
that function is to copy digits from a string into a temporary char
array until the first non-digit character is found and then convert
the temporary array into an int.  Since strtol will convert up to the
first non-digit then it should be pretty easy to use that.