[torquedev] New job_must_report pbs_server feature

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Wed May 6 10:53:56 MDT 2009

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Josh Butikofer
<josh at clusterresources.com> wrote:

> Over the past year to two years it seems to me that minor revisions have been
> treated like major revisions which is something we want to move away from.

I agree 100%.  I would like to see "incompatible" or major changes
going into the major version releases,  minor changes going into the
minor releases (additional features that do not alter default behavior
and have a minimal chance of introducing bugs), and then the final
digit in the version number would be for bug fixes only.   Right now
it is like the major version number is ignored, the minor version
number has become the major version number, and the bug fix number is
a combination of bug fix/minor version