[torquedev] binary change to .JB files in 2.3-fixes branch!

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Mon May 4 05:41:24 MDT 2009

----- "Josh Butikofer" <josh at clusterresources.com> wrote:

> Glen and everyone else who's interested:

Hiya!   Oh stop groaning at the back.. ;-)

> Let me know if I'm wrong, but it seems the core of what you are
> suggesting is this:
>
> * TORQUE 2.3.x should not include anything but minor bug fixes.

Well, bug fixes in general, I'm not sure if they should just be minor!

> * All new features, enhancements, and more intrusive bug fixes should
> go into a non-stable branch, which is now called trunk.

Can I suggest instead:

* Non-intrusive (backwardly compatible) new features should get
added to a branch which would be 2.4.

* Major rewrites, changes that break backwards compatibility, etc,
should go into trunk and (eventually) become 3.0.

Hopefully that may strike a middle ground that would keep
both us devs (not that I've been much of a dev recently)
and the CR customers happy..

How does that sound to people ?