[torquedev] Re: what happened to 2.4.0?

Michael Barnes barnes at jlab.org
Tue Mar 31 06:43:27 MDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:06:00PM +0200, Bogdan Costescu wrote:
> The part that is not so easy though is the packager's who will have to
> know and/or code in the .spec that packagename-1.2.3b1.tar.gz produces
> packagename-1.2.3-0b1.i386.rpm. I seem to remember seeing some
> (semi-)automated way of achieving this, maybe in one of the RPMForge
> .spec files, but that was 2-3 years ago and memory is fuzzy.

Yes, there is a semi-automated way of doing RPMs as well as explicit
ways to define the version and package release.

On an "Enterprise" version of Linux, the vendor has supplied packages

The lastest release of Debian has things like:

And all of these have architecture variants and subvariants and
architecture independant packages as well.

So, I don't see where this is a specific problem or issue with torque.