[torquedev] Re: what happened to 2.4.0?

Michael Barnes barnes at jlab.org
Tue Mar 31 06:43:27 MDT 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 12:06:00PM +0200, Bogdan Costescu wrote:
> The part that is not so easy though is the packager's who will have to
> know and/or code in the .spec that packagename-1.2.3b1.tar.gz produces
> packagename-1.2.3-0b1.i386.rpm. I seem to remember seeing some
> (semi-)automated way of achieving this, maybe in one of the RPMForge
> .spec files, but that was 2-3 years ago and memory is fuzzy.

Yes, there is a semi-automated way of doing RPMs as well as explicit
ways to define the version and package release.

On an "Enterprise" version of Linux, the vendor has supplied packages
like:

   libbonoboui-2.8.0.99cvs20040929-2
   module-init-tools-3.1-0.pre5.3.10
   libtheora-1.0alpha3-5

The lastest release of Debian has things like:

   sc_7.16-2
   r-noncran-lindsey_1.0.20071024-1.1
   libtachyon-0.98_0.98~beta.dfsg-1
   grpn_1.1.2-2+b1

And all of these have architecture variants and subvariants and
architecture independant packages as well.

So, I don't see where this is a specific problem or issue with torque.

-mb

--