[torquedev] Re: what happened to 2.4.0?

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Mon Mar 30 14:25:35 MDT 2009

> If CRI has customers running 2.4.0 in whatever capacity, then the
> community should be entitled to those versions as well.

I totally agree, and this is the case. Perhaps you are concerned about my
suggestion to put 2.4 in a beta directory to avoid confusion and accidental
download/deployment on a production system. This beta directory would be
accessible to everyone. We have never created a TORQUE branch that is not
available to the general public either via tarball download or anonymous SVN
checkout and we do not plan on doing anything like this.

> This was one of the reasons I was pushing for some sort of community
> page for TORQUE. That way rules about release can be posted, bugs can
> tracked more closely, and submitted patches can be tracked as well. I'm
> sure CRI's IT team is stretched to the bone, but I do think a community
> page would alleviate these sorts of issues.

Yes, I want one of these pages too. Once our website upgrade is done, Bugzilla
will be in place and we will be able to carve out a subdomain from which to
create this new community page. I know I keep saying this, and it makes me look
like a fool when it doesn't happen, but they tell me that this will happen
sometime soon. :P

--Josh Butikofer