[torquedev] change made to .JB format

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 21:32:59 MDT 2009

In the trunk CHANGELOG, I noticed that the max host name was increased
to 1024 (PBS_MAXHOSTNAME).  This results in an increase in the size of
the max job ID length and therefore the  ji_qs struct.  This means
there will be problems if you upgrade TORQUE and there are queued jobs
(the ji_qs struct on disk will not match up with the new layout of
ji_qs). Bad Things will happen.

In the next few days I will update src/server/job_qs_upgrade.c so old
.JB files can still be read in.

But this is the kind of things we wanted to avoid doing as often as we
have been lately.  We've already had lots of complaints of binary
changes between minor versions (2.1.x -> 2.2.x -> 2.3.x and now
"2.4.1b1" or whatever it is going to be called).