[torquedev] Versioning Issues & Development Roadmap

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Tue Jun 16 13:02:41 MDT 2009

Josh Butikofer wrote:
> See comments below:
>
>> should we make a list of all the 2.3 fixes that need to be merged?
>> Shouldn't bug fixes that go into 2.3-fixes get put into 2.4 right away
>> (and vice versa)?  In 2.3-fixes I see a lot of CHANGELOG entries for
>> 2.3.7 but in trunk I see only a couple CHANGELOG entries for 2.3.7, so
>> that tells me most of those fixes need to be made in trunk as well
>> (or else they are logged as being fixed in 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 instead even
>> though those versions have never been released)
>
> We already have a list. I can send it out if you want. There are only a few
> changes that we are holding off on--we will bring those up on the mailing list
> before moving forward.

I don't think sending out the list is the proper thing to do. Now that there is
a bugzilla, the list should be available just through searching through BZ. We
can use the targets/milestones setting to show which bugs will move forward, and
when a fix doesn't make it, we just retarget it. This way we don't just have a
list of what we "wanted" to do, we can go back and figure out what was actually
done. Thats one of the main arguments for having BZ.

-Joshua Bernstein
Senior Software Engineer
Penguin Computing