[torquedev] Getting ready to release TORQUE 2.3.7

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 10:59:25 MDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:41 PM, Josh
Butikofer<josh at clusterresources.com> wrote:
>In the future, only major revision changes (e.g. 2.3 to 2.4, or 2.4 to 2.5) will
> add new features.

this is slightly confusing to me.  When I hear "major" I always think
of the first number in the version string,  I've always referred to a
version as major.minor.revision or major.minor.fix

I always think of:

major = major changes in default behavior, major core-rewrites,
significant changes in network protocols, file formats, etc
minor = new features, significant bug fixes, no major changes to
default behavior
revision = minor bug fixes only