[torquedev] Getting ready to release TORQUE 2.3.7

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Tue Jun 16 10:41:24 MDT 2009

Everyone,

There have been a lot of bug fixes and small enhancements that have gone into
2.3-fixes since 2.3.6 was released (see CHANGELOG). As previously mentioned, we
would like to release 2.3.7 as we've received good feedback concerning the bugs
it has fixed and stability in general. (There is still at least one SIGPIPE bug
present in the pbs_mom that we are testing a fix for.)

Note that 2.3.7 will be the last "minor" versioned TORQUE that adds features. In
the future, only major revision changes (e.g. 2.3 to 2.4, or 2.4 to 2.5) will
add new features. Luckily, all the features added from 2.3.6 are turned off by
default and are activated only via configuration changes. After the release of
2.3.7, only bug fixes will be allowed in the 2.3-fixes branch.

We'd like to encourage everyone that has a test system to download the latest
snapshot of 2.3.7 and give it a spin. If nothing scary comes up, we would like
to release it in a week or two. This will put us a few weeks behind our roadmap
release of June 15th, but it will hopefully not postpone the other dates we
proposed.

Thanks,

--
Josh Butikofer