[torquedev] Versioning Issues & Development Roadmap

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 19:58:10 MDT 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:41 AM, Josh Butikofer<josh at clusterresources.com>

> TORQUE 2.4 - possible release around August 30th?
>
>    * Complete 2.3-fixes merge
>    * A single new feature: CPU affinity (very basic implementation)
>    * Start code lockdown soon and prepare for release
>    * Get early-adopters to install and increase internal CRI testing
>    * Get docs ready for this release (improve BLCR explanation, update MPI docs,
> etc.)

should we make a list of all the 2.3 fixes that need to be merged?
Shouldn't bug fixes that go into 2.3-fixes get put into 2.4 right away
(and vice versa)?  In 2.3-fixes I see a lot of CHANGELOG entries for
2.3.7 but in trunk I see only a couple CHANGELOG entries for 2.3.7, so
that tells me most of those fixes need to be made in trunk as well
(or else they are logged as being fixed in 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 instead even
though those versions have never been released)

Even though there has never been a non-beta torque 2.4.0 release, the
version in trunk is now 2.4.1b1, and the CHANGELOG has a 2.4.0 and
2.4.1 section.   It is going to be slightly confusing if the first
version of 2.4.x that is released is 2.4.1