[torquedev] pbs_mom crashing

Oliver Baltzer obaltzer at flagstonere.bm
Mon Jul 20 09:14:31 MDT 2009

Hi all,

there was a thread last month with this subject discussing an issue with
pbs_mom arbitrarily segfaulting. I am observing the same problem in
particular with sequential jobs submitted with:

qsub -l walltime=8640000

It does not appear to be reliably reproducible so I cannot provide a
good test case yet.

I was hoping it is fixed in 2.3.7, however, this does not appear to be
the case.

Are there any leads on how this segfault is caused? I am currently
waiting for it to happen again and will be able to provide detailed
logs. Please let me know what else you might need to track down this issue.

Cheers,
Oliver

This communication contains information which is confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s), disclosure, copying, distribution, or other use of, or action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon, this communication or the information in it is prohibited and maybe unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please notify the sender by return email, delete it from your system and destroy any copies.