[torquedev] Torque 2.3.7 compilation errors with GCC 4.4.0

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu Jul 16 20:50:19 MDT 2009

Having seen Simon's message about his compilation
error I thought I'd give 2.3.7 a shot with GCC 4.4.0
on AMD64.  It wasn't happy..

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
process_request.c: In function ‘get_creds’:
process_request.c:277: error: dereferencing type-punned pointer will break strict-aliasing rules

This is what it doesn't like:

  *credentials = *(ucreds *)CMSG_DATA(cmptr);

Thoughts ?

That's the only error I do get from it though (checked
with make -k, obviously no linking of the pbs_server
happens).

cheers,