[torquedev] Bad UID for job execution MSG=root user root not allowed while submittng the job

Joshua Bernstein jbernstein at penguincomputing.com
Mon Jan 26 12:05:56 MST 2009

saju.kandathil at nokia.com wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the comment .
> By the way for now I have setup torque on a Vmware on a trial basis where I have not creates any specific user other then  root , If I could make it work successfully I will be having an environment with specific users and groups.
> If possible could you please tell me how I could resolve this for now .
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Saju,

You can enabled root to submit jobs, but again, its generally not a good idea.
You could do something like:

qmgr -c 's s acl_roots+=root@*'

which should enabled the root user to submit jobs. Or you could simply add a
user to your VMWare system. You may get a better view of how things will behave
as sometimes jobs will behave differently when run as a user, rather then root
due to differences in $PATH and other environmental settings.

-Joshua Bernstein
Software Engineer
Penguin Computing