[torquedev] OS X outstanding issues

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 05:55:01 MST 2009

On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 11:31 PM, Joshua Bernstein
<jbernstein at penguincomputing.com> wrote:

> On Jan 11, 2009, at 7:19 PM, Glen Beane wrote:
>
>> 2) authentication issues.  This one is a little harder for me to debug
>> on my laptop, since it only appears to happen with multi-node jobs.
>> It would be helpful if CRI had a couple of Leopard systems they could
>> set TORQUE up on for me to do testing on.
>
> I've got two Macs at home, though they just both running 10.4. Is this
> something thats only isolated to Leopard? Or does it also happen with Tiger?

Tiger works fine.  I made sure of that because I used to have a 512
proc Apple cluster that ran Panther for a few months and then was
upgraded to Tiger shortly after its release.  We had to do quite a bit
of work to get everything working correctly because Apple had changed
some low level interfaces we were using.  In most cases it meant
switching from the BSD way of doing something to the Mach way of doing
something.

With Leopard the stuff that seems broken is *not* OS specific stuff,
so this is code that works on pretty much every OS.  It is a bit
annoying.