[torquedev] torque bugzilla

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Tue Jan 6 16:05:01 MST 2009

After having a pow-wow here, we agree that "scrubbing" or resetting the
Bugzilla found at http://www.clusterresources.com/bugzilla/ and using it
for TORQUE is the best idea. When a TORQUE user encounters a bug or has
a feature request that they want the community to see, they can post it
on Bugzilla or the mailing list. If the problem in the mailing list
looks like it should be in Bugzilla, then it can be added there as well
to track its progress.

It has been requested that CRI also post all internal bugs to Bugzilla.
For many of the bug reports we receive, this would probably work if we
abstract the bug to non-specifics. For example, if site ACME reports
that nodes A, B, and C are going down when user "joe" submits a job, we
can then create a bug report in Bugzilla that says something like
"customers have reported that nodes go down when a specific user submits
a job."

We have to make it generic because we have an obligation to our
customers to protect their privacy--mostly due to security concerns.
This is mostly something that CRI will work out, but we find it in
everyone's best interest if we make it publicly known when there are
problems/bugs in TORQUE. This has always been our policy and we haven't
purposely tried to hide things from the community.

Josh Butikofer
Cluster Resources, Inc.