[torquedev] torque bugzilla

Garrick Staples garrick at usc.edu
Tue Jan 6 13:08:12 MST 2009

On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 02:36:59PM -0500, Ari Pollak alleged:
> On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
> > So we had a short discussion about this before the holidays.    I
> > think it would be very good for community involvement to revive TORQUE
> > bugzilla.  I know it may cause a little extra work to keep it in sync
> > with the internal CRI support system, but since TORQUE is an open
> > source community project (in theory, there don't seem to be too many
> > community patches coming anymore) I think most bugs belong out in a
> > publicly accessible place.  I understand users with paid support will
> > want to log their issues in the same place they log their Moab issues,
> >  but if it turns out to be a new bug, someone should log it in
> > bugzilla as well.
>
> A bit off-topic, but regarding the overall low number of community
> contributions - it seems to me, as a mostly end user, that the
> development process is fairly closed and not terribly open to the
> community. But this appears to stem mostly due to the fact that both
> bug tracking and source control (aside from mailing list posts and
> snapshots) don't appear to be public and a lot of decisions seem to
> happen off-list, so it's fairly difficult for a new contributor to
> come along.

TORQUE is in a public subversion repo at svn://www.clusterresources.com/torque

As far as public decisions go, problems are discussed on this list quite regularly.  Personally, I stopped asking for comments on changes a long time ago because basicly noone responds.  Nowadays, if I check in something significant, I just inform the list after the fact.

> I'd certainly appreciate a Bugzilla installation, as I'm sure a lot of
> users and developers would.

We've had a bugzilla installation for years.

University of Southern California

See the Dishonor Roll at http://www.californiansagainsthate.com/