[torquedev] torque bugzilla

Ari Pollak aripollak at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 12:36:59 MST 2009

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Glen Beane <glen.beane at gmail.com> wrote:
> So we had a short discussion about this before the holidays.    I
> think it would be very good for community involvement to revive TORQUE
> bugzilla.  I know it may cause a little extra work to keep it in sync
> with the internal CRI support system, but since TORQUE is an open
> source community project (in theory, there don't seem to be too many
> community patches coming anymore) I think most bugs belong out in a
> publicly accessible place.  I understand users with paid support will
> want to log their issues in the same place they log their Moab issues,
>  but if it turns out to be a new bug, someone should log it in
> bugzilla as well.

A bit off-topic, but regarding the overall low number of community
contributions - it seems to me, as a mostly end user, that the
development process is fairly closed and not terribly open to the
community. But this appears to stem mostly due to the fact that both
bug tracking and source control (aside from mailing list posts and
snapshots) don't appear to be public and a lot of decisions seem to
happen off-list, so it's fairly difficult for a new contributor to
come along.
I'd certainly appreciate a Bugzilla installation, as I'm sure a lot of
users and developers would.