[torquedev] cygwin directory?

Ken Nielson knielson at adaptivecomputing.com
Tue Dec 1 17:14:18 MST 2009

Garrick Staples wrote:
> trunk/src/resmom/cygwin was deleted in your 3258 changeset.
>
> I got it back with:
> svn -m "restoring lost cygwin dir" copy -r3257 svn://svn.clusterresources.com/torque/trunk/src/resmom/cygwin svn://svn.clusterresources.com/torque/trunk/src/resmom/cygwin
>

> Also, what is the point of this code?  There are a few examples:
> +  if(RPP)
> +    num = disrsi(stream, &ret);
> +  else
> +    num = disrsi(stream, &ret);
> +

Garrick,

Cygwin got deleted because I was merging and the range I chose included
a deletion of the cygwin directory from the 2.4-fixes. My bad. Thanks
for putting it back.

As far as the if(RPP) stuff that was a bug in the code. However, I just
re-factored the code and checked in new dis stuff today. You will no
longer see tcp_dis* in the code.   I introduced the tcp_dis functions
when I was making the write buffer for outgoing messages on tcp dynamic.
I did not understand what was happening with the dis functions but I saw
they were using a global variable to read and write from. That variable
was dis_buffer. I have since removed that variable and the scratch
buffer is now local to each dis function. The tcp_dis functions used
their own buffers and since I just made the rest of the dis function
calls use their own buffers there was no longer a need to have both of
these.

So to make a long story short:

+  if(RPP)
+    num = disrsi(stream, &ret);
+  else
+    num = disrsi(stream, &ret);
+

no longer exists in the code. The else should have been num =
tcp_disrsi(stream, &ret); but that is unimportant now.

Regards

Ken