[torquedev] Re: [torqueusers] Rerunnable Flag

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 20:21:47 MDT 2008

2008/8/21 Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:50:42AM -0400, Glen Beane alleged:
> > On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:51 AM, Chad Vizino <vizino at psc.edu> wrote:
> >
> > > We have changed the default at our site to *not* rerunnable.  Check out
> > > src/server/req_quejob.c to change the default at the server.  Look for
> the
> > > comment:
> > >
> > >      /* Interactive jobs are necessarily not rerunable */
> > >
> > > And get rid of the "if" condition around these lines just after that:
> > >
> > >      pj->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_rerunable].at_val.at_long = 0;
> > >      pj->ji_wattr[(int)JOB_ATR_rerunable].at_flags |= ATR_VFLAG_SET;
> >

> > wouldn't this make every job non rerunnable?  I think Chris had the right
> > idea, patch qsub so by default if the user does not specify the rerunable
> > flag it does not default to true.
> >
> > We could easily make the default FALSE in qsub if no one has any reason
> > object (or make it a ./configure option)
>
> Build-time flags are bad.  Makes it hard to distribute binaries.
>
> Just add a another parameter to torque.cfg.  That's where qsub's other
> run-time
> defaults go.

I didn't even think of that (I have implemented this in trunk, see my
previous response sent to the userlist as well).  I think torque.cfg needs
to be better documented - as far as I know there is no documentation about
torque.cfg outside of a wiki page at CRI that is probably not updated.

Where should this be documented?  In a README? INSTALL ? existing manpage?
new manpage?