[torquedev] The pbs_mom $varattr feature

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Tue Oct 28 09:50:59 MDT 2008

TORQUE Users,

A few years ago, a new parameter/feature called $varattr was added to
the pbs_mom code. This feature is lightly documented and its
functionality doesn't quite meet the original design specification. We
tracked down the user who originally requested the feature and have
discovered that they don't use it due to implementation shortcomings.

We are interested in fixing this feature up, documenting it more
properly, and providing it to some interested users, but before we do so
we need to make sure no one is using this feature. We will most likely
be breaking compatibility with the way the feature currently works.

If you are using $varattr, or know someone who does, please speak up. If
we hear only silence, then we will proceed with our plans to revamp the
parameter.

Regards,

--
Josh Butikofer