[torquedev] cpuset support b0rked in trunk ?

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Thu May 22 19:16:13 MDT 2008

----- "Chris Samuel" <csamuel at vpac.org> wrote:

> But it's looking like the cpuset support in trunk is stuffed
> at the moment with some pretty fundamental errors. :-(

After looking at the code in a bit more depth and the
SVN logs I reckon this is the code that Dave was asking
me to test some time ago, I just didn't notice it land!

The idea is that whereas the old code just assumed that
it could use all cores (unless the Torque cpuset was
already in existence) the new code tries to detect the
SGI Altix "bootset" cpuset and to intelligently handle
the case of core 0 not being in the Torque cpuset.

cheers,