[torquedev] qalter with blank walltimes sets walltime to zero

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Jun 18 18:46:25 MDT 2008

----- "David Singleton" <David.Singleton at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi Chris,
>
> You may be saying what I understand to be the case but just
> clarifying
>
>   qsub -lresource=  jobid
>
> will "unset" the resource limit for that job

Ahh, of course, in my decaffeinated state that completely
passed me by!

Coffee++;

> so that the limit will fall back to any queue or server default.

Unfortunately that's not the case for walltime, it looks
like the decode_time() function makes it to be 0 instead. :-(

  if ((val == NULL) || (strlen(val) == 0))
    {
    patr->at_flags = (patr->at_flags & ~ATR_VFLAG_SET)|ATR_VFLAG_MODIFY;

    patr->at_val.at_long = 0;

    /* SUCCESS */

    return(0);
    }