[torquedev] PBS_DEPEND_LEN patch question

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 08:54:10 MDT 2008

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Brock Palen <brockp at umich.edu> wrote:

> None here, I could see people needing more than 2048.  This isn't going to
> cause a memory blow up problem though I hope?

I don't think it will result in a huge increase in memory use.  I think that
while qsub will allocate PBS_DEPEND_LEN bytes to use when it calls
parse_depend_list,  set_attr will allocate strlen + 1 bytes when it sets the
attribute value to send to pbs_server with the job, so while this would
increase the maximum it isn't like the maximum size would be consumed for
every job with a dependency list