[torquedev] TORQUE 2.3.2 Release Candidate

Josh Butikofer josh at clusterresources.com
Wed Jul 23 11:48:36 MDT 2008

Everyone,

We just released a new TORQUE 2.3.2 snapshot
(http://www.clusterresources.com/downloads/torque/snapshots/torque-2.3.2-snap.200807231134.tar.gz).
We want to consider this snapshot a "release candidate" for the
official TORQUE 2.3.2 release. If you have time and test resources, we
would ask you to install and test out this release candidate to see if
there are any obvious bugs still present. Our last release, TORQUE
2.3.1, fixed several problems but also introduced some new issues. We'd
like to avoid such a scenario again with 2.3.2.

For the curious, here is what has changed so far since 2.3.1:

   e - added --disable-posixmemlock to force mom not to use POSIX MEMLOCK.
   b - fix potential buffer overrun in qsub
   b - if user qholds a running job with BLCR checkpoint/restart and the
       checkpoint fails then the job no longer goes to the HOLD state
       after it completes
   b - keep pbs_mom, pbs_server, pbs_sched from closing sockets opened by
       nss_ldap (SGI)
   e - added PBS_VERSION environment variable
   e - added --enable-acct-x to allow adding of x attributes to
       accounting log
   b - fix net_server.h build error
   b - fixed code that was causing jobs to fail due to "neednodes" errors
       when Moab/Maui was the scheduler

Let us know if there are any problems that should prevent us from making
a 2.3.2 release.

Regards,

Josh Butikofer
Cluster Resources, Inc.