[torquedev] pbsdsh oddity

Chris Samuel csamuel at vpac.org
Wed Jul 16 00:53:28 MDT 2008

----- "Garrick Staples" <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:

Hi Garrick,

> That's a good idea.  Can you try this simple version?

I'd pondered that method myself, but that might give
a false match if the user does something silly, like
trying to address the host "tango" - they'd match the
first host reported (say tango085) rather than getting
an error that tango isn't assigned to their job.

Make sense ?

My current kludge is to add to the script:

if [ `echo $node | fgrep -c . ` == 0 ]; then
        node=`echo ${node}.vpac.org`
fi

Which works but doesn't propogate the PATH which might
confuse some things.

cheers,