[torquedev] proposed change in directory structure

Glen Beane glen.beane at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 22:32:16 MDT 2008

no matter what kind of "hacky" solution I come up with I can think of a way
it breaks and then things get really ugly trying to account for that in the
code

Right now the code is pretty simple and clean.  I think I might prefer to
have pbs_server have its own spool dir. It just gets messy trying to sort
things out with two programs that think they own the file.  The hard link
idea would work, except for teh case when a job is restarted from the
complete state more than once. I'm not sure how to work around that.

While temporarilly having two copies of the spool files in the case where
the mother superior and pbs_server are on the same host is not a "good
thing", it is looking like it is the cleanest implementation I can come up
with right now.

Would it be too terribly bad to go with this for now, just to have it
working in this special case,  and then try to figure out a way that doesn't
require an unnecessary file copy?